Joined: 13-January 07
Ranch Story Forum Medals FAQ
I've implemented somewhat of an award system to this forum. From this point on... if we, the admins, see that you've done something awesome for the community, such as unconditionally helping out members, actively post content rich posts and create quality topics... or just a great role model, we'll reward you with a Medal. Here's are samples of what the various Medals look like:
We're not giving these out like hot cakes, so if you have one, feel proud, and thanks for being a great member!
You can see user's Medals by viewing one of their posts or checking out their profile and looking for "Medals".
Question: How can I get a Chick Medal?
Answer: There's really a ton of acts that come to mind, but they must not be done strictly to get a Medal. We can tell when you're "forcing" being nice or doing something strictly to get a Medal. These Chick Medals represent that you're here not only for your personal enjoyment, but NATURALLY being helpful, admirable, respected, and hard working.
Here are some ideas on what might get you a Chick Medal:
- Being a respectable rolemodel - following rules, keeping topics on topic, etc
- Posting new Harvest Moon info in the appropriate forums - This helps us update content on our main website.
- Helping us enforce the rules - being our eyes and ears on the lookout for stuff we need to pay attention to.
- Doing whatever you can to help people - Answer HM related questions members may post, etc
- Suggesting good ideas for improvements to make the Ranch Story experience a better one.
Nothing "specific" will earn you a Chick Medal. Make us think "Wow, this person is awesome for doing this", and you'll be on the road to more Medals. Again, we can tell if you're just behaving in a way solely for the purpose of obtaining a Medal.
Question: How can I get a Feather Medal?
Answer: By donating:
$5 - $19 : Green Feather
$20 - $39 : Yellow Feather
$40 - $59 : Red Feather
$60 - $79 : Purple Feather
$80+ : Blue Feather
Or by ordering products through affiliation. See Support Ranch Story for details. You must PM us letting us know you've bought something so we can add the amount we raise to your donation count.
Question: How do I get a Rucksack?
Answer: Rucksacks are usually given when you've earned one or more Small Medals, but are also given when we see potential for you in earning more Medals.
Question: How do I get "small Medals"?
Answer: This list changes all the time, but here are the current small Medals we're giving away:
- (IMG:http://www.ranchstory.co.uk/forums/style_images/rucksack.gif) Rucksack - We've noticed that you're doing a great job socializing with everyone, having fun, and making your presence known. It's a good indication that you are on the road to collecting more small Medals!
- (IMG:http://www.ranchstory.co.uk/forums/style_images/shoppe_owner.gif) Red Herb (Successful Shop Owner) - For having accomplishing a successful Graphic Request Shop with at least 10 happy customers. You can offer to make original avatars, signatures, and/or artwork.
- (IMG:http://www.ranchstory.co.uk/forums/style_images/chosen_art.gif) Golden Herb (Chosen Art) - For having your artwork featured on the front page in an Artist Spotlight or special occasion.
- (IMG:http://www.ranchstory.co.uk/forums/style_images/ask_me_questions.gif) Question Bubble (Popular Ask me Questions Thread in Veterans forum) - For having accomplishing a popular "Ask me Questions" thread with at least 500 replies. Prerequisite: Veterans Status (500 Posts).
- (IMG:http://www.ranchstory.co.uk/forums/style_images/i_talk_alot.gif) Communication Bubble (Thread Converser) - You consistently make lengthy and content-rich posts wherever and whenever appropriate. Members who have this Medal give a lot of input and thought into their posts; usually not posting simple one sentence posts. proper grammar and spelling included, naturally.
- (IMG:http://www.ranchstory.co.uk/forums/style_images/i_make_stuff.gif) Melody Bubble (Creative Mind) - For those who share their passion for creativity to the entire community. This means posting/submitting quality fan-art, fan-music, fan wallpapers, website/forum images.. anything for all who visits Ranch Story to enjoy. It doesn't have to be those I just mentioned; Be creative -- think outside of the box! Note: "Art" and it's "quality" is subjective to everyone individually, but in this case, it must be deemed worthy of a Medal by the administration.
- (IMG:http://www.ranchstory.co.uk/forums/style_images/i_am_nice.gif) Caring Bubble (Hospitality) - For going out of your way to help, make someone feel happy, or welcomed.
- (IMG:http://www.ranchstory.co.uk/forums/style_images/i_suggest_stuff.gif) Brain Stormer (Gears Bubble) - You have a knack for wanting to improve the community you are involved with and are always suggesting new, fun, creative, and entertaining ways to elevate the experience.
- (IMG:http://www.ranchstory.co.uk/forums/style_images/helpfulcoin1_small.gif) Benevolent (Helpful) - For selflessly helping out others, answering questions, and posting new content.
- (IMG:http://www.ranchstory.co.uk/forums/style_images/i_win_things_b.gif) Crowns (Event Winners) - For winning Official Events on Ranch Story or Ranch Story Forums.
- (IMG:http://www.ranchstory.co.uk/forums/style_images/i_participate.gif) Power Berry (Event Enthusiast) - For participating in a bunch of Ranch Story Forum events. This mainly includes suggesting and voting.
- (IMG:http://www.ranchstory.co.uk/forums/style_images/green_sprite.gif) Sprites (Hard Working) - Like sprites, you help out a lot when it comes to chores and work.
Wonderful Small Medals (Monthly member votes): (IMG:http://www.ranchstory.co.uk/forums/style_images/wonderful_green.gif) (example)
Wonderful Medals are monthly medals, determined by popular vote, and is hosted by Darth-Paper-Boy. Check the Announcement forum to view this month's categories.
Talk/Suggest/Discuss Medals here: http://www.ranchstory.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=2045