Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Updates I Have Made, I am here to kick life back into this dying farm.
ChronosGiegue
post Apr 12 2012, 09:49 PM
Post #1

Group: Members

If you haven't noticed yet, I have been updating information on the main Ranch Story Wiki. Quite frankly, I am appalled at some errs I saw. On top of this, the page describing Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life Special Edition had a two sentence long introduction. So I have been updating information and correcting many grammatical and spelling errors. I want this site to be the very CENTER of the Harvest Moon community. If you don't believe me when I say I have made changes around here- check recent changes when you go to the main Ranch Story Wiki. The only name that shows up is me. I may not be on here every day- but I assure you I will be on at least once every week for the rest of my life. I have worked on teams before- and there are some serious slackers among us. That won't work from any angle, as all good leaders should know. I just thought this should be brought to your attention. If anyone has questions about correct spellings or grammar you can message me. I hope some you people who are superior to my 'noobdom' or 'membershipgroupliness' aren't offended by any of this. But it goes to show that status is not given but achieved. I don't care if I get anything out of updating and polishing things around here or not, but anyone can say they are a veteran or some sort of elite when the status is handed to them- but what about the site as a whole? We are forgetting the Wiki, aren't we? Random people will come to the wiki looking for information. In this case it doesn't matter who did what or who has how many posts on the member forums. What it all boils down to is how up-to-date we are. To be honest, the state of the wiki was pathetic compared to some other sites before I added some much needed missing information. We can not even attempt to be the very best when we constantly forget about the ever so important wiki. I came here to kick some life back into the community- and that is precisely what I intend to do.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
EBWonder
post Apr 12 2012, 10:56 PM
Post #2

Your Friendly Neighborhood Masked Vigilante
Group: Veterans

YaY!. don't forget to post every so often as well!

+Quote Post
Charmy
post Apr 13 2012, 02:31 AM
Post #3

Charrcharrs
Group: Site Contributor
Group Icon

I'm sure none of us will put you down. Honestly. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lalaexdee.gif)
You're working on the wiki, and that's fantastic! We'll encourage you to keep at it. Seriously. I hate seeing the empty pages but they're generally for the games I haven't played so I don't feel I should put something down only for it to be entirely wrong. I also feel like I'm just reaping information entirely off of other sites. :(
Each time I end up working on it I tend to stop for whatever reason, I suppose it just escapes me. It is lacking lots of information, hence why it says still under construction I suppose. But with this mentioned, I'm sure you'll have stirred up some members to come along and help. I'm planning to do so sometime today, now. But, I'm a slacker. And forgetful.

But it's great that you're working on it. Really. It needs it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lalaexdee.gif)

+Quote Post
ChronosGiegue
post Apr 13 2012, 02:39 AM
Post #4

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/lalasmile.gif) Actually... Now that I think about it, a badge or group upgrade for me would be a little nice

+Quote Post
Oscar
post Apr 13 2012, 05:10 PM
Post #5

Respawn
Group: Oscar

Wow, once a week for the rest of your life? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lalaexdee.gif)

But that's very good, Chronos. You are very right, that people have been slacking and there's a lot of mistakes and the whole thing needs to be fixed. It's wonderful you will do that! I can assure you, though, that you may end up being alone in that pursuit, especially because of the activity around here isn't what it used to be.

I'm sure you'll get yourself something for helping out. :) The member titles depend on posts or time, I think.

+Quote Post
Mizukithepanda
post Apr 13 2012, 05:47 PM
Post #6

The World Traveller
Group: Global Moderators
Group Icon

QUOTE (ChronosGiegue @ Apr 12 2012, 08:39 PM) *
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/lalasmile.gif) Actually... Now that I think about it, a badge or group upgrade for me would be a little nice

Standard groups (Newbies, Members, Advanced Members, Veterans) are entirely post-count based. Non-bolded color groups are personal, individualized groups that a member receives after they've been here for three years if they ask Jason for one. Bolded, italicized groups are staff positions. So, unfortunately, no matter how much work you put into the wiki none of us can "upgrade" your group. Sorry about that.

However, there are medals for contributing to the wiki. Depending on how much work you put into it, you'll receive a different kind of coin. (Of course, this is if Jason takes notice. He's been fairly absent these days, so it may take some time for him to notice changes to the wiki.) That said, I don't believe the coin itself is specific to the wiki, so any kind of contributions should register.

Either way, just be patient. You will be rewarded for any work you do if one of the admins thinks that you deserve it. Outright asking for it doesn't reflect well upon you.

+Quote Post
Noviwan
post Apr 13 2012, 07:42 PM
Post #7

NEATO!
Group: Veterans

Welp Normally there is a wiki burst evertime a ne game comes out. thanks much the work is appreciated

+Quote Post
ChronosGiegue
post Apr 14 2012, 01:28 AM
Post #8

I understand completely! I will not let you down!!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lalagrin.gif) What does it take to be a staff member here? I am pretty sure there is a period of time you have to have been active to be eligible. I want to help this site any way I can. If you wish, I can donate $100+ to the site. How long would that last the site?

+Quote Post
Harvest Moon Rac...
post Apr 14 2012, 01:41 AM
Post #9

Veteran Trash Can Diver
Group: Raccoons

You'd have to ask Jason about the money, and staff is more of an activitey sort of deal and if fellow staff members see you to be elligiable to be a mod or something. Don't think that there is really a hi demand for staff right now though, could be mistaken though.

+Quote Post
Mizukithepanda
post Apr 14 2012, 01:52 AM
Post #10

The World Traveller
Group: Global Moderators
Group Icon

Staff positions are usually only offered by the admins. I can't say anything on how you can go about being promoted to staff, since I honestly don't know. There aren't any specific prerequisites that I'm aware of. It's pretty much on an "if we need more moderators" basis.

As for donations, I'm certain that Jason, our sysadmin, would absolutely love it if you could contribute regardless of the amount. It should also be stated that, depending on the amount you donate, you can get different colored feather medals.

That said, I have no idea how far whatever you donated would go. You'd have to ask Jason, since he's the one that handles that aspect of the site. There's actually a topic on the subject of donations in announcements. You may want to take a look at that before doing anything.

+Quote Post
Hasfusel
post Apr 14 2012, 02:24 AM
Post #11

Supernova condensate
Group: Ranch Hand

Woah there, steady on now kiddo

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd September 2014 - 09:03 AM