Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Harvest Moon Summer Play!, HMFGP2014
Kari
post May 29 2014, 06:08 PM
Post #21

Group: Members

I'd love to start up my summer play right now but first I need to finish my current ToT file.

Since I've started my fanfic of AP, I've been itching to play the game again. I can't wait. I'll probably be a male this time around and use the ToT male model.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mizukithepanda
post May 30 2014, 05:14 AM
Post #22

The World Traveller
Group: Global Moderators
Group Icon

Well. Update time.

Date: Summer 4th, Year 1
Recipes collected: 14
Dog: Eevee
Horse: Ponyta
Chickens:
Pidgey
Fearow
Natu
Starly
Girls:
Maria - Yellow Heart
Elli- Blue Heart

Well. Would you look at that, I'm actually playing and not just getting bored after the first in-game week. All I will say is that Rick will not repair enough music boxes in a day. FP in this game maxes out at 255, and Maria's interesting because she gets 2 FP for every gift that isn't actively terrible (like logs, fodder, weeds, and poison mushrooms), but only 3 FP for her favorite gift, which is cabbage. As such, I only bothered giving her one cabbage from each of my two cabbage harvests, and have mostly been relying on the 6 FP you get for her daily talking boost when you give her the music box. It's worked so far. Only 50 or so FP left to go before it's picture time. The real problem is that I could really, really use that music box for either Elli or Ann. Elli's picture's on Fall 9th, and while she gets 4 FP from her favorite gift (eggs and milk) instead of 3, I don't know if I'm gonna actually have enough time to boost her to 200. I think I'm actually more worried about wooing Ann before the end of Winter. She doesn't like ANYTHING other than wool and I have no sheep. (Well, she likes corn too. I guess I'm just gonna have to take the financial hit and give her all of my valuable corn. ;A;)

Oh. One thing that is interesting to remember is that the music box does not count as a gift. Instead of counting as that day's gift, it counts as that day's unique conversation, so you can still give the girls a gift afterwards and get FP. That means on days that I give music boxes I get anywhere from 7-10 FP depending on who I give it to and what gift I give them that day.

+Quote Post
Charmy
post May 30 2014, 07:43 AM
Post #23

Charrcharrs
Group: Site Contributor
Group Icon

There's so much stuff I didn't know about when I played this game. I loved 64. I want to play it again. 8B

+Quote Post
Harvest Moon Rac...
post May 30 2014, 07:48 AM
Post #24

Veteran Trash Can Diver
Group: Raccoons

So I got around to starting on AP

Farm: Green Ranch
Day: 4

Just been foraging and fishing for cash so far, and just got the bridge finished so I can head up to the mines. Think I'm going to court Renee, and the only other notable thing I can think of is that I goofed on the free calf. Declined, thinking I can get it later, but I don't think that's the case... Oh well. I don't want to mess with animals quite yet, minus ducks for the blue bell. Just felt good to get the game out and get the ball rolling.

+Quote Post
Mizukithepanda
post May 30 2014, 11:13 AM
Post #25

The World Traveller
Group Icon

Date: Summer 29th, Year 1
Recipes collected: 20
Power Nuts: 1
Dog: Eevee
Horse: Ponyta
Sheep: Mareep
Chickens:
Pidgey
Fearow
Natu
Starly
Swablu
Chatot
Girls:
Maria - Pink Heart (Picture obtained!)
Elli - Pink Heart
Ann - Blue Heart

Yeah, so I'm stopping for a while. Why? Because the dog glitch ain't working and it's getting too close to Fall for me to go on without figuring out why the hell it isn't working. If I can't figure out a way to fix it by Saturday or Sunday, I'm just gonna continue playing regardless. I guess I'll just have to live without Karen's picture. So, Elli ended up not being a problem. Once I was no longer focusing on Maria, she gained two heart levels in the span of two weeks. Ridiculous. I've also got a decent amount of corn, so Ann's not totally miserable, and now that I can give her the music box too, I think I might be able to win her over during Winter. I can honestly say that what I'm not looking forward to is the sheer amount of resetting I'm gonna have to do to get the coin during the Harvest Festival. Oh the pains I go through for this photo album. >.<

+Quote Post
Mizukithepanda
post May 30 2014, 11:47 PM
Post #26

The World Traveller
Group Icon

So I ended up copying my file to a second slot so that I could see if I could fix that glitch without screwing myself over, and not only did that glitch remain glitched, but I got RAINED OUT of Elli's picture. I'm so irritated I don't even know what to do. Do I keep playing through another year and a half anyway, just because? There's still Ann and Popuri's pictures to get... I'm just so frustrated. I'm starting to wish that I'd dug up my N64 emulator from wherever it is on my computer and just played the rom version, so that I could cheat/save state my way around stupid glitches and weather. Blargh.

+Quote Post
Kari
post May 31 2014, 12:03 AM
Post #27

Aw poopie :C

If you're up for playing just for the heck of it, then by all means keep going!

+Quote Post
Mizukithepanda
post May 31 2014, 01:04 AM
Post #28

The World Traveller
Group Icon

*sighs* I guess I can do that. I mean, by wooing all these girls (and villagers) I've gotten to see more cutscenes than I have in any other playthrough. And I've gotten some dialogue that I either haven't seen in a long time or don't remember seeing the last few times I've played... (Like Gray saying that he does all the cooking at home.) So I guess it's not all bad.

+Quote Post
Mizukithepanda
post Jun 1 2014, 09:02 AM
Post #29

The World Traveller
Group Icon

Date: Winter 22nd, Year 1
Recipes collected: 30
Power Nuts: 2
Cows: Tauros
Chickens:
Pidgey
Fearow
Natu
Starly
Swablu
Chatot
Girls:
Maria - Pink Heart (picture obtained)
Elli - Pink Heart (got rained out)
Ann - Pink Heart (picture obtained)
Popuri - Yellow Heart
Karen - Green Heart (no picture)

It's been a loooooong season and a half, let me tell you. After the initial disappointments of Fall, I went on to win the Horse Race, which was pretty great, and I got cake from not one, not two, not even three, but four of the girls. Karen was the only one whose affection wasn't quite high enough to trigger. The scenes were pretty cute, too. I'd also forgotten how much I hate those stupid cows Mana leaves on your farm for a few days. They ate up a ton of my damn fodder (which I saved up for my own animals) on top of not producing any milk because they were too young, and at the end Doug still said that I hadn't been treating them well, due to the fact that Ann's picture happened first thing in the morning one day and made it impossible to feed anything aside from my dog.

Speaking of Ann, she is easily the most expensive bachelorette. Fortunately, I didn't start with her until Summer, but the only gifts she likes are potatoes, corn, and wool, so I had to actively give up every last ear of corn I grew instead of selling it, and I had to give up about three or four (maybe five?) rounds of wool in order to get her to a pink heart - the total value of that is probably around 6000g, if not more. On top of that, her picture cost me two days worth of eggs, a 600g value. In comparison, Maria has cost me two heads of cabbage, Elli cost me about 30 eggs (which is five days worth, or 1500g), and Popuri and Karen have cost me nothing. Absolutely ridiculous. You'd think I was buying the girl a goddamn diamond ring.

But anyway. I also won the Dog Race, and I just paid for my greenhouse, so winter farming (and strawberries) here I come!

+Quote Post
Harvest Moon Rac...
post Jun 2 2014, 09:31 PM
Post #30

Veteran Trash Can Diver
Group: Raccoons

Haven't had too much time to play, but I'm at day 8 of Spring right now. I feel like AP moves at a much slower rate, but at the same time there's a lot to do each day, so it balances out.

So far I'm almost done with the Red and Yellow bells, just need a gold ore for the red, and waiting for my lettuce to finish for the yellow. I got the Fugue Forest key already too, though for some reason I thought I couldn't until after the Blue bell. So things are moving rather quickly I guess.

Working on befriending Chase, Julius, Renee, and a few of the other townsfolk. Finished the larger rucksack side quest, and I also got Mira back to the accessory shop. Other than that, not too much else worth mentioning. Waiting for cabbage, tulips, and lettuce to finish growing now.

+Quote Post
Mizukithepanda
post Jun 3 2014, 01:32 AM
Post #31

The World Traveller
Group Icon

Update time. Hey, what can I say? It's summer and I have nothing to do.

Date: Spring 24th, Year 2
Recipes collected: 35 (That is indeed all of them.)
Power Nuts: 6 + Blue Power Nut
Cows: Tauros, Cubone, unborn calf
Chickens: Pidgey, Fearow, Natu, Starly, Swablu, Chatot
Girls: All at pink heart
Extensions: Greenhouse, Kitchen

So yeah, as I mentioned in the bar, I've decided to marry Karen. Why? Because she wasn't boring to woo this time. No music boxes, no dog cheat, just gifts and talking. I'm fairly certain that the day after I get married, there's gonna be a slew of weddings taking up my week. I saw Gray and Popuri's final rival event (Where he balks at her coming near, because he's been handling manure all day, and she tells him that she totally doesn't mind if he smells like shit. Gotta give her credit where credit is due. I wouldn't want to hug someone that smelled like literal shit, even if I did love them.) a few days ago, so they're probably gonna be one of the first. I dunno. Maybe Jeff and Elli will beat them to the punch. Right now I'm working on growing flowers in my grass field so I can get the marbles from Stu to trade for that Power Nut. After that one, I think the only ones left are the one you get fishing, the one you get mining, and the one you get from befriending Basil. Speaking of Basil, some of things he says are totally creepy. After you've befriended him a bit (and possibly wooed Popuri, but haven't married her) he starts ranting about how Popuri is like a beautiful flower that he lovingly raised and cultivated that has now bloomed, and how all men all flower thieves who should just leave his darling Popuri alone! On top of that, her mother, Lillia, actually tells you that Popuri isn't very aggressive with men and you should make the first move. I just... these parents...

Oh, I don't remember if I've seen this before or not in previous playthroughs, since it's been a long time since I got this far in one, but Jeff tells you that he's six years older than Elli. He also talks about how everything speeds up after you turn thirty in the bar on numerous occasions. Which... actually places several, if not most, of the girls at a higher age than I'd always assumed. I always figured they were between 18 and 22, and some of them still might be, but if Jeff is 30+ and he's only 6 years older than Elli, that places her at 24 minimum. The things you learn, man.

I was also forced to dance with Elli during the Goddess Festival. She got chosen as this year's Goddess, and since I have her at a pink heart, this year's Harvest King, Kai, told me that I could go ahead and dance with her in his stead. .......Which I totally didn't want to do. I'm not marrying her. I'm marrying Karen, damn it. Stupid jerk stealing my dance. Next Fall, I'm gonna have to remember that the Harvest King is chosen the day BEFORE the festival, instead of at it, so that I can get that picture for my album. I also need to load up on cakes and flowers for the raffle ticket points. My house is too bland.

I have a kitchen, finally, which is great! I can actually store food instead of just keeping it in my rucksack for all of eternity. Next I'm working on the baby bed, because I'm gonna need to have it the day I get married so my kid'll be born before the evaluation. From there it'll be bathroom, log terrace, and finally staircase. (Because the staircase is pointless. I believe you can exploit it to feed your chickens, but it's been a while, so I'd have to double check that.) I also think I can buy the Blue Mist Seed starting either today or tomorrow, so I can get Popuri's picture event over with! Yaaaaaaaaay!

+Quote Post
Mizukithepanda
post Jun 4 2014, 06:42 AM
Post #32

The World Traveller
Group Icon

Date: Summer 26th, Year 2
Recipes collected: 35
Power Nuts: 7 + Blue Power Nut
Cows: Tauros, Cubone, Cleffa, unborn calf
Sheep: Mareep, Skiddo
Chickens: same six as always
Girls: All at pink heart, married to Karen.
Extensions: Greenhouse, Kitchen, Baby Bed, Bathroom, Log Terrace (being built)

Man has this been one interesting season. First, I got this... mildly irritating scene where Elli was getting all up into Karen's business and telling her that she should be more family-oriented and stick around, even if it's not what she wants. Then I completed the Blue Mist Flower events and got the picture even though it was raining that day. (Man, was that effect weird.) After that, I won the Crop Festival and got invited out to drinks by Basil afterward, which I did not expect. I also got a bunch of interesting scenes.... Kent and Stu's dog had puppies, Kent ran away from home, the Mayor and his wife got swindled and Maria gave the salesman a golden necklace, hoping it would make him a better person, and Ann proposed to me the night before my wedding! Lots of fun to be had.

Oh man, and speaking of weddings. FIVE IN A ROW. I witnessed five weddings in a row including my own. I went to sleep on the 17th after the Firefly Festival, and woke up on the 23rd. It was madness. Seriously, if everybody was gonna fucking get married, we should've just had a really big group wedding. Would've saved me a lot of trouble. Think of all the money lost due crops and animals being frozen for five days. I could have used that time. (*coughs* Because, you know, 100,000+g isn't enough.) I guess the good things were that I woke up to my bathroom being completed, despite ordering it the day of the Firefly Festival and that Cubone was down to four days on her pregnancy counter. Otherwise, I really would've rather had the five days. (Also, come next spring, this is gonna be one crowded damn village. The mayor was complaining about how the entire town is listless and has declined severely over the years, but there's gonna be FIVE NEW KIDS on the block, so maybe he'll live to see the village becoming a booming merchant town or something.)

From here there's honestly not much left to do. I still need to win the Cow Festival and become Harvest King, but the final extension is in the bag (I won a month's worth of lumber in the Swimming Contest.) and I've already covered my field in grass. I do still need to find the last three power nuts, and I'd like to dig up a piece of rare metal and a pontata root to give to Rick and the Potion Shop Dealer respectively, so I can get the transporter scene and have access to the final jar of medicine. There are also still villagers that I can spend time befriending... but otherwise, I guess I'm gonna be spending my time fishing on the beach or mining. Fun.

I also have a newfound love of Ann. I'd always liked her to some extent, but she just has so many great scenes. It's hard not to like her. Out of all the bachelorettes, I think that she and Karen are probably the most well-developed, though Maria's not too far behind in that respect. I really, really, really wish that Cliff didn't leave if you marry her. I would go after her 9 times out of 10 if that wasn't the case.

+Quote Post
Charmy
post Jun 4 2014, 07:25 AM
Post #33

Charrcharrs
Group Icon

Five weddings in a row, really? Haha. Did everything die? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lalaexdee.gif)
I've never had a rival wedding in my gameplays. In Back to Nature they take way too long to happen and I still played 64 pretty lamely compared to all the stuff you can see/do. Urghhhhhh, I so want to play again. I really want to play Save the Homeland but we still need to fix the fact that....it's not a European game. X[

And I didn't notice the cow Cubone! Yay. I am pleased.

I've always loved Ann, too. She's so cute. Except for like, punching Cliff.

+Quote Post
Mizukithepanda
post Jun 4 2014, 09:01 AM
Post #34

The World Traveller
Group Icon

Well, Ann's just violent in general. When she confesses that she likes you and you say that you feel the same, she asks you to prove it, and you move towards her as if to hug her, but she shoves you to ground in retaliation instead and says something like, "Not like that! With a blue feather, you jerk!" Pfffffft. I'm not sure whether she's just tsundere, or a genuine domestic violence case waiting to happen.

She just has so many cute scenes. She's got scenes (and bickering conversations) with Rick and Gray, scenes with Cliff, scenes with you that aren't the typical "heart event" type scenes, and cute, friendly scenes with every other girl in the game. (Unlike the Elli and Karen scene, which irritated me, because Elli is a narrow-minded idiot.)

And no, nothing died after five weddings. Since you literally can't do anything when you or anyone else gets married, the health of everything you own, be it crops or livestock, is frozen at whatever state it would've been the morning after you last saved. The only things that still change are those that are dependent upon time, like the reduction of the pregnancy counter, extension projects, and crop growth. (For example, my grass grew as it would have, had I actually been playing.)

+Quote Post
Mizukithepanda
post Jun 7 2014, 09:38 AM
Post #35

The World Traveller
Group Icon

Date: Fall 23rd, Year 2
Recipes collected: All
Power Nuts: same as last time
Cows: Tauros (GOLD MILK<3), Cubone, Cleffa, Furret, unborn calf
Sheep: Mareep, Skiddo
Chickens: Same six as always
Extensions: ALL OF THEM

So this season has been really slow. Now, granted, I've had work to do for my summer course, so I haven't had as much time to play, but seriously. After the Harvest Festival, things have been boring. I need new things to entertain me. (I think this is why most of the files on here aside from my really old, favorite save file end up getting left off at "2nd Autumn". Because, seriously. This season is dull.) I've completed all of the extensions, I won the Cow Festival and got the photo with my cow a couple of days later, I became the Harvest King, my wife (and every other girl in town) is pregnant, and I've befriended everyone in town except Pastor Brown and some of the really old people. (Like Saibara, the Midwife, and the Potion Shop Dealer.) I spend all of my days either fishing for that damn power nut, chopping down my disgustingly large field of grass (it takes two days to chop), or just running around town visiting people. I have money coming out of my ears. Filling up my bakery card with points probably wouldn't even phase me. Betting 99x on all of the horses/dogs in a race would only be a small-ish chunk that I could easily earn back in a week or two. I need a goal, damn it.

But I will persevere. I will make it to the evaluation. The mine is coming. This year I will not get perpetually trapped on the first floor and second floor. I will make it to levels beyond that. I will get a pontata root and a rare metal. I will dig up that power nut. Things will happen.

I just need to make it through this last week of Fall. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lalacry.gif)

+Quote Post
Kari
post Jun 8 2014, 03:26 AM
Post #36

Keep chugging through Mizuki! Almost there ^.^

+Quote Post
Charmy
post Jul 2 2014, 04:32 AM
Post #37

Charrcharrs
Group Icon

Welp, I said "Screw it" and picked up Rune Factory Frontier. I'm going to try and play in moderation!

I remember how I started off this game.....the worst ever in my history of Harvest Moon/Rune Factory games. Like, I kept on pressing the wrong buttons and collapsing and I don't even know how I did so bad, but I persevered and didn't restart, haha!

14th Winter, Year 1

Raguna
Tawny Farm
Level 51
719G (I just bough some seeds (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lalaexdee.gif) )
I have three barn rooms and my monster companion right now is Sugar the Unico who sparkles jingles when she runs. She only has one smiley face though so I guess I didn't pick her up not too long ago.....it's been about half a year since I put this game down for school, I forget what I was doing.
I don't think I know who I want to marry yet. Some are low like Tabatha with only two smiley faces while Melody's at eight ('cos I bathe every day).
I'm up to the Snow Ruins or whatever they're called. I remember nearly getting knocked out really easily and I have the recipe for a better sword written down so I think I was trying to level myself up.

And now I have to go study for school. I haven't even finished my day I was just trying to remember what the heck I was doing. B[

EDIT: Also This is what my field looks like.

+Quote Post
Kari
post Jul 2 2014, 10:53 PM
Post #38

lol that field (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lalaexdee.gif) I've wanted to play Rune Factory Frontier for so long. Watching bits of that game is what got me into Rune Factory.
Ragi-poo!

Now that I think about it, I've been playing A Tale of Two Towns a lot recently... eh what the heck. Here's my update.

Year 1, Winter 20
Currently living in Bluebell. Actually I haven't moved once. I'm comfortable in little O' Bluebell :P

Name: Ivan (Male)
Farm Name: Zephyr
Chickens: Olivia, Eve, Sonny, Casey, Mei, Cece, Hanna
Cows: Abby, Jill, Pam, Prim
Sheep: Rosy, Maria
Horse: Hiro - I forgot a Hiro already exists in the game (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lalaexdee.gif)
Pets: Rolf (small dog), Toff (big dog), Sora and Sachi (cats), Butter (owl)

The mayors of both towns have started to get along. Also the tunnel under the mountain has nearly cleared! Just a little more Eileen! (>.<) And I got the Master Rod early thanks to all the junk I fished up in the other seasons but overall Winter has been rather slow.

Georgia has the highest flower points, yellow flowers, out of all the girls so I'm probably going to marry her.

+Quote Post
Charmy
post Jul 4 2014, 03:37 AM
Post #39

Charrcharrs
Group Icon

My field's been cleared up a little but I ran out of fodder and my monsters don't like me much. :<
I waited so many years for the first Rune Factory to be released in Australia. I was so excited when I finally got to play it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lalaexdee.gif)

I'm on 2nd of Spring now, level 56 or something. I'm now using Lunar Eclipse as my sword. I'm still in Snow Ruins, haven't gone far yet.
I'm about to upgrade my barn to the last level, and I only have a few more furniture items to get from Lute.

I still don't know who I want to marry yet though.

+Quote Post
Mizukithepanda
post Jul 4 2014, 06:25 AM
Post #40

The World Traveller
Group Icon

I'm probably gonna get back to my playthrough this weekend now that my summer class is over. That's actually the real reason why I dropped off. I just didn't have the time to dedicate to it that I did in the days/weeks leading up to it.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th November 2017 - 06:16 AM