Joined: 13-January 07
First of all, welcome to Ranch Story Forums!
These are the Ranch Story Forum rules. If you don't agree with them, you can either leave now or refrain from registering an account. If you break a rule here, you might receive a warning, but you can be banned for your first offense of breaking these rules depending on the case or severity of your actions!
(!) Rules that were last added or updated will be in red.
Why are there rules, you may ask?
Ranch Story is one of the largest Harvest Moon communities on the internet. Our staff work tirelessly to make Ranch Story the best Harvest Moon fan site it can possibly be...and the best Harvest Moon community too! These rules are here to maintain order and keep users civil, so that our new member can jump in and have a good time with all of us. This forum is PG-13 that means no swearing and nothing sexual. User's experience may change as more priviledges and access is given or rewarded.* We may ask for your age in such events.
The main rules are: (These will most likely result in a PermaBan.)
Secondary rules are: (These will most likely result in a warning to possibly a temporary ban)
- Using racist, sexist, homophobic, swearing, or hateful language.
- Mature Content - This is a family-oriented site so please try to keep mature content to a minimum. In fact the only places it is even remotely are Serious Debates or the Veterans forum (if you have enough posts). Even still, please just post a link to the content (if possible) and say that it is mature.
- Advertising - Advertising is not allowed in topics or your signature unless it is for the purpose of helping someone to more information. This also includes the PM system.
- Discussing illegal activities - including, but not limited to: Emulators, ROMs, cracks, warez and hacking.
- Linking to viruses, trojans, worms, or maliciously coded websites, either in your PM, signature, or in your post.
- Discussing malicious attacks on other websites or outside of the internet.
- Impersonating Administrators or Moderators.
- Revealing personal information - Posting any member's real life information without permission.
Some guidelines to pay attention to:
- Complaining about staff decisions such as locked threads, edits, and warnings.
- Posts must be at least three words long and must contribute to the discussion in some way; e.g., don't just write "I think so too" or something like that.
- Double posts are permitted so long as a reasonable period of time has passed, or there is a significant new contribution to the topic.
- ALL CAPS posting.
- Posting with too small, too large, or difficult to read colors.
- Attempting to evade these rules.
- Swearing - Please also keep swearing to a bare minimum. We have swear filters in place to prevent slipups, but any attempt to evade the filters by intentionally disguising it or using bbcode will result in a warning.
These rules are subject to change at any time. In the end, the mods and admins sole discretion will come in to play to determine how to handle the situation.
- Give your new thread a relevant and descriptive title.
- Post in the right forum. If you are unsure, ask a staff member.
- Use proper punctuation and grammar.
- Ignorance of the rules is not an excuse not to follow them.
- If you're not here to have fun, go elsewhere.
- Be considerate of signature sizes. We can remove any signature(s) we think are too large (550 x 200 pixels is the largest we will allow, however; and that includes not only pictures, but text as well).
* - We absolutely cannot be held responsible for viewing of mature content by our younger forum audience, especially those under the age of 13. By registering at the Ranch Story forums, you are agreeing that you are over 13. If you are under 13 and have a registered account (Secretly evading COPPA), you agree to take full responsibility for illegally supplying any personal information.
This post has been edited by Jason: Aug 3 2010, 05:29 PM