Category:Harvest Moon: Animal Parade
From Harvest Moon | Rune Factory Wiki
|Harvest Moon: Animal Parade|
|JPN Title:||Bokujou Monogatari: Waku Waku Animaru Maachi|
|Translation:||Farm Story: Exciting Animal March|
|Publisher(s):||Natsume Co., Ltd|
|Release Dates:|| : October 30, 2008|
: November 12, 2009
: December 3, 2010
|Buy Harvest Moon: Animal Parade at Amazon.com|
There will be two new main characters, as well as all the bachelors and bachelorettes from Tree of Tranquility returning. The Harvest God (known as the Harvest King in the English version) will make his first real appearance outside of DS Cute. There is also a lion, giraffe, elephant, zebra, hippo, and a lemur in a circus that comes to town once every season.
"A new installment in the popular simulation series, "Bokujou Monogatari", is finally underway! Many new animals are available in this latest work. You will be able to raise many kinds of animals like elephants, lions, hippos, and ostriches. If you become friends with the animals, then you will be well on your way to making a lively farm/ranch. Of course, you can cooperate with the animals in your work, and it will be possible to take them with you. And what's more, like a pet, you will be able to teach the animals tricks! Almost like a circus, you will be able to have fun and play with your animals. Let's gather various animals and enjoy a new farming lifestyle!" - Translation by Nurse Fin
- You can play as either a boy or girl!
- Grow coffee bean trees
- Have two kids
- More pets
- Play as Tree of Tranquility characters!
- Supports Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection (Japanese Version Only)
- Take photos
Innovations to the series
- The ability to ride every type of livestock
- The ability to milk sheep
- The ability to have two children
Characters introduced in this game
- The Harvest King: The mighty Harvest King summoned by the ringing of all five bells. (Real name listed on character page)
- Roy: The rival child who is the son of Owen and Kathy.
- Lucy: The rival child who is the daughter of Luke and Selena.
- Vivian: The rival child who is the daughter of Gil and Luna.
- The Wizard: A fortune teller who lives in Harmonica Town. (Real name listed on character page)
- The Witch: A witch who lives deep in Fugue Forest. (Real name listed on character page)
- On a stormy day, walk into the middle of the entrance bridge to Harmonica Town. Using your camera, look into the cave. You may see a Kappa sticking its head out of the water.
- A rubber duck and a gnome will appear in various spots around your farmland, depending on the weather. Some locations are only visible with the camera item.
- Web sites that have ripped the game disc for the soundtrack have found numerous sound files from Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility as well as numerous unused sound files. Strangely enough, the sound files from Tree of Tranquility were of better quality on the Animal Parade disc.
At a Glance
Disappearing Child Glitch
There is a glitch in the game that will cause your children to go missing completely, and besides temporarily returning for Child's Day, permanently. Though some confuse this with the Missing Child events, this does not involve any cutscenes, and when your child is tracked, they are listed in an area called "None Area Name". Though the glitch is known to affect both the American and Japanese versions of the game, at the time of writing, it is not known if the European/PAL versions suffer the same glitch. Fortunately though, the glitch appears to be very rare, with most players never experiencing it, let alone hearing of it. More information can be obtained here, in the Disappearing Child Glitch FAQ
- Official Japanese Website
- Harvest Moon: Animal Parade - Ranch Story Forum Discussion
- Dissapearing Child Glitch FAQ